Photo Chemical Etching is also called metal etching, chemical etching, chemical milling, photo etching, chemical etching, photochemical machining, chemical machining.
what is photo etching?
Chemical etching (photo etching) is a photo-lithographic process whereby a phototool is used to block UV light from exposing the area of a sheet of metal which has first been cleaned and laminated with photoresist. The sheet is developed which washes away the unexposed photoresist leaving a very precise mask of hardened photoresist behind. This patterned sheet is then exposed to concentrated etchants which very precisely dissolve any exposed material.
Photo Etching or photochemical machining is a fast and cost-effective alternative to traditional tooling methods and can be one of the most inexpensive processes for manufacturing short-run metal parts.
In the photo etching process, film is generally used to expose metal to light and is not subject to the same type of wear as traditional stamping and punching dies.
Since the cost of tooling is much less expensive, photo chemical etching is a more cost–effective method for producing short-run jobs such as prototypes.
Unlike many traditional production methods, most photo etching tools can be produced in hours-not days.
Applicable industries: Toy factory, decorative sheet metal, toy electric etching foil, model etching foil, appliance, electronic factory, juicer filter, planer, rating plate, golden card, silver card, Lead Frames, semiconductor industry, Telforn finishing,RF shielding, EMI shielding , ,Decorative ornaments ,Grills, grids, sieves, and meshes.
Applicable materials: Stainless steel sheet, copper sheet, aluminum foil, ferronickel alloy, iron sheet, ,Nickel silver ,titanium alloy, etc.
Production capability: Capable of shaping varieties of materials with the thickness of 0.03 to 1.2mm such as stainless steel, copper, aluminum, zinc and iron sheet by etching, half-etching ,BOTH SIDES and pattern imprinting without the need of hardware mold manufacturing charge.
1. Very low set-up cost.
2. Design flexibility — Photo etching allows much flexibility on product design no matter it is product outer shape or the hole patterns, there is even no cost for complex designs.
3. Stress and burr free, smooth surface — the material temper will not be affected during this process and it can guarantee a very smooth surface.
4. Easy to coordinate with other manufacturing processes such as PVD plating, stamping, brushing, polishing and so on.
5. Many material options — stainless steel, copper, brass, aluminum, titanium, metal alloy at the thickness from 0.02mm to 1.2mm are all available.
6. Fast lead time– prototype to mass production can be finished within days.